Tour duration: 50min
Fishing port tour is conducted by Sakaiminato Fisheries Promotion Association (Tour fee 300 yen/person)
Closed Sundays and Japanese statutory holidays including August12th-17th and December 21st-January 10th
Tuna June and July only
Red snow crab except for July and August
Choose any of following schedules
07:00-07:50 (Red snow crab)
- Reservation is required 3 days prior to the tour
- Please download the application form(Word) from Sakaiminato Fisheries Promotion Association's website and send email to email@example.com
- The minimum number of people must be more than 2 people
- Smoking and drinking are prohibited
- Whoever have drunk alcohol are not permitted to join the tour
- Caps and boots are available at the office and must be worn
- Please do not disturb dealers and anyone at the site
- We will not take any responsibility for any accidents or injury that occurs during the tour.
|Highlights||Auction viewing(Subject to availability), Tuna and Snow crabs(see the availability above)|
Tottori Prefecture is famous for its fresh and delicious seafood.
That is because there is Sakai port(Sakaiminato) which is one of the most busiest fishing ports in Japan.
Sakaiminato had been No1 port in Japan for 5 years in a row since 1992 until 1996.
When it comes to red snow crabs, Sakaiminato accounts for the largest percentage of all the crabs hauled in Japan.
The tour takes about 50 minutes.
The participants can watch the public auction.
Fish market tours have become popular with foreign travelers like Tsukiji in Tokyo.